| ICT for Librarians: Module 2 - ICT Management|
|This page outlines details regarding the individual modules.
This is aimed at supporting librarian members of the ICT programme
Page Updated 9 January 2001
Module 2 Content
- KGV IT Room K1 .. next to the library
Pre Module Task
Dates / Times
- 8th to 13th January 2001
- Tue 9th: arrive Hong Kong @ 12:45
- Wed 10th: preparation
- Thur 11th: School Visits
- 8:30-11:30: Island School (Nick)
- 12:45-3:30: Quarry Bay School (Nick) + providing lunch
- 8:30-9:30: Sarah Roe School (Andy)
- 9:45-11:30: KJS- Perth St. (Andy) + providing lunch
- 12:45-3:30: BHS (Andy)
- Fri 12th: 8:30am to 4:30pm course
- ANDY EWERS ()
- Andy Ewers and Nick Lewis are consultants with RAE Associates. They have worked in the Information Systems industry for many years, for research departments and information services in both the private and public sectors, covering the evolution of networked services, from viewdata/videotex, automail, and information management systems to Internet and Intra-Net applications.
- Andy is an established Internet analyst, and has provided reports for the British Library R&D Dept, and has participated in a number of Internet-related projects, such as Intertrek - a collaboration in Berkshire between public services and local businesses. Nick specialises in information presentation, including electronic publishing, and marketing matters.
- They first worked together in 1980, for an international computing services company, providing networked applications - including electronic mail - to large corporations. They managed a specialist software company together for several years, before Andy created RAE Associates for consultancy and training in online computing, which, these days, includes the Internet and all it can do.
- In 1994 they arranged an Executive Briefing for the Library Association, on the implications of the Internet, and this has been followed by a growing range of seminars and training courses on a variety of Internet and ICT matters, increasingly for school and college staff. They are involved in the LA consortium which has been accredited as an ICT trainer for school librarians and for staff in public libraries.
Chris Smith, Head of JCSRC & ICT Advisor
The English Schools Foundation
2A Tin Kwong Road, Homantin, Kowloon, HONG KONG
tel: (852) 2760 0441
fax: (852) 2760 0799
If you have any queries about this page, please contact: Chris Smith
WebBearBBS © 2000 RiscBear Graphics