National Institute for Educational Policy Research
National Institute for Educational Policy Research of JAPAN
The National Institute for Educational Research of Japan (NIER) was established in 1949 as an organ of the Ministry of Education, Science, Sports and Culture. NIER is one of the government research institutes under the general supervision of the Ministry.
The major objectives of NIER are to do applied and basic research and conduct studies in education. In addition, NIER provides various services in relation to educational research such as:
- collecting and disseminating relevant information on education and educational research;
- giving assistance and advice to educational institutions and educators in Japan involved in educational research;
- cooperating with relevant organizations overseas with respect to educational research:
- organizing workshops and seminars for educators from Asian and Pacific countries; and
- exchanging educational information with educational institutions and other organs overseas.
Japan | jp | gov | education | educational | research | curriculum |